Wednesday 9 December 2009

Spiritual Growth and my desires for 2010

I desire and am determined to be different at the end of 2010 than I am
at the end of 2009.
Psalm 37:4 says, “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.”

Happy 2010
Actually I want you to have more than just a happy 2010 I want for you what I desire for myself, that is:
· A fresh encounter with God and a deepening of my relationship with Him.
· Not to be satisfied with having the same as last year.
· To know Christ all the more.
· For my prayer life to grow deeper and wider that I may continually learn how I pray with all kinds of prayer.
· To be renewed continually by His Spirit and empowered with His love.
· To hear from God and receive fresh revelation that I might be part of a prophetic voice to the Church and Nation.
· To have my eyes, mind, heart and guts opened to receive fresh understanding of the Scriptures.
· To have the size of my heart increased so that I may have the Father’s heart of compassion for all people and the faith to live in the light of God’s promises.
· For my walk to match my talk that I may love in deeds as well as in words.
· To worship with all that I am.
· To be offended by the same things that are an offence to God.
· To minister in the power of the Holy Spirit.
· To be God focussed and determined not to be hindered by the fear of man.

You might think I am asking for a lot but I believe that what I am
asking for, according to the Scriptures, God also wants for us.
I feel both nervous and excited about asking and will hold on to the
words of the motto for 2010 “Do not be afraid, I am with you.”

There are probably many more things that could and should be
added to the list, please feel free to do so.

If you would like to use the above as your desires for the coming year, please feel free to do so.

No comments: